Making an Offer
Making an offer on a house that has ticked all your boxes is an exciting and daunting step at the same time. We can help you with how to make a successful offer that will get you your dream home. This is where our experience of the market and property comes in handy and we prepare an offer that the seller cannot refuse. Generally speaking the following are some of the components of an offer document:
- Name of the buyer – your name.
- Name of the seller.
- The price you are offering for the property.
- The amount of Deposit money you are willing to write a cheque to say that you mean business. The cheque is deposited in a trust account.
- Specific condition/clauses unique to the agreement such as waiving the inspection or subject to mortgage approval. Whatever the case, we will help you put in the right clauses to protect you and make the offer successful.
- Time frame for validity of the offer that usually is less than 48 hours. If decision is not made within that period, you can have your deposit back.
- Closing or Completion date – That is also an important aspect of the offer and refers to the date when you would actually like possession of the property and is usually a couple of weeks to 2 months.